The Law & The Significance of Changing Your Name
Learn the legal requirements and reasons that you might want to change your name in Texas.Learn More
How to Avoid a DUI/DWI Arrest in Austin
Texas received the second most DUI arrests in the United States last year with over 90,066 arrests. We can show you what to do if you were one of them.Learn More
Expunge a Criminal Record in Travis County
By successfully expunging your criminal record, you will be able to legally say that you were not charged for, or convicted of a crime on any applications for employment or housing.Learn More
Reasons to Restore your Civil Rights in Texas
Expunging an offense from your criminal record in Texas does not automatically restore your civil rights. If you were...Learn More
Find An Expungement Attorney
How to choose a good expungement attorney online:
- Check the state bar records for a valid license and a discipline report
- Make sure the street address on the bar records matches the billing address
- Have the protection of paying with a credit card
- Make sure the attorney has a street address
- Ask if the attorney has malpractice insurance
Questions to Ask When Choosing a Record Clearing Attorney:
- Do they offer a flat fee or hourly rate?
- Are they able to provide any free expungement eligibility tests? Otherwise you will end up paying for an analysis of your case.
- Does the price include filing fees?
- Will the attorney go to court for you?
- Does the attorney specialize in record clearing?
- Does the attorney have experience clearing records with the court that will be overseeing your case?
- Who will handle your case?
- Can you speak to the attorney?
There may be slight differences between Austin, Houston, San Antonio, Dallas, Corpus Christi TX areas. This site is sponsored by RecordGone.com.
✓ Driving under the Influence DUI
If you have a DUI on your criminal record from the past 5 years, there may be a way for you to have your record cleared.
You may be able to clear your DUI from your record through an expunged. DUI records show up as a criminal record, especially if you got into an accident or injured someone.
✓ After Probation
Finding a job after serving probation can be difficult. Most employment applications require a criminal background check. If you are on probation, it likely means that you also have a prior criminal record for a serious offense. The details are very important to getting an expungement after probation, and we highly recommend contacting a law firm specializing in probation termination and record clearing. If you are currently on probation and seek to have an early probation termination, click here.
✓ Restoring Gun Rights
Your second amendment rights and civil rights are inherently valuable as an American citizen. Losing these rights can be devastating and can leave you to be vulnerable to a home robbery or random acts of violence. Regardless of how you lost your gun rights, there may be ways to have your prior offenses cleared so that you can restore your gun rights. Read more.